‘Tis the season…to be grateful!
As the holidays roll around, many of us begin to “practice the presents” (pun intended). But in all seriousness, this is a great time to practice the Presence. The Presence is that source of all your feelings of well-being, peace and love; and there is one surefire way to be in consistent contact with it: GRATITUDE!
As my present to you this holiday, here is a powerful and fun practice to bring the most gratitude and Presence into your Thanksgiving experience:
- Find a comfortable place to sit or lay down
- Begin to breathe in and out in a circular fashion (without pausing)
- Allow your focus to center around the heart, as if your heart had a little mouth it was breathing in and out of.
- After a minute of practice, introduce the thought-seed of gratitude, and let yourself feel what sprouts from your process. Different people, places, and things that have been of great benefit in your life will begin to arise in your consciousness.
- As these things arise allow yourself to feel the gratitude they bring. Feed that gratitude back into your heart and let the next person, place or thing arise that you are grateful for.
Do this for 5 minutes each day (or more if you are inspired!) until Thanksgiving, and I guarantee you will have the most present and connected Thanksgiving celebration you have ever experienced!